Transactions and Journals
PES sponsors or co-sponsors six peer-reviewed technical journals. Only the highest-quality papers are considered for publication. As such, the acceptance rates are generally between 10 and 15 percent. Authors should consider this high standard for quality before submitting their manuscripts.
The IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, and IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy are hybrid journals, allowing either Traditional manuscript submission or Open Access (author-pays OA) manuscript submission.
- The OA option, if selected, enables unrestricted public access to the article via IEEE Xplore. The OA option will be offered to the author after the manuscript is accepted and during the time the final files are uploaded.. If selected, the OA discounted fee of $1,950 must be paid before the article is published in the journal. If you have unusual circumstances about this, please contact the Editor-in-Chief. Any other applicable charges (such as the over-length page charge and/or charge for the use of color in the print format) will be billed separately once the manuscript formatting is complete but prior to publication.
- The traditional option, if selected, enables access to all qualified subscribers and purchasers via IEEE Xplore. No OA payment is required.
The IEEE Power and Energy Technology Systems Journal is an Open Access only publication. Open Access (OA) allows unrestricted public access to the article via IEEE Xplore. In lieu of paid subscriptions, authors are required to pay a publication fee after their paper has been accepted ($1,350 per manuscript up to a maximum of 8 published pages; $120 per published page in excess of 8 pages).
All PES journals are digitally archived in IEEE Xplore.
- Transaction Paper Abstracts
- Calls for Papers for Transactions
- Submit a Transactions Paper or PES Letter
- IEEE Power and Energy Technology Systems Journal
- IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion
- IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery
- IEEE Transactions on Power Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid
- IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy
- FAQs for Transactions Authors
- How to become a reviewer of PES Transactions Papers