PES sponsors or co-sponsors seven peer-reviewed technical journals. Only the highest-quality papers are considered for publication. As such, the acceptance rates are generally between 15 and 20 percent. Authors should consider this high standard for quality before submitting their manuscripts.
A Global View of the Coverages of PES Transactions
|PWRS||Power system level subjects approached from systems perspectives. Examples are: system planning, operation, stability, reliability, etc. (including T and D systems)|
|PWRD||T&D equipment related subjects including design, modeling and simulation. Examples are: protection, power quality, EMT simulation, HVDC converters, transformers, cables, etc.|
|EC||Energy conversion equipment related subjects including design, modeling and simulation. Examples are: generators, motors, power plants, inverters, and energy storage devices etc.|
|SG||Interdisciplinary subjects of power and ICT (information and communication technologies). Examples are: Advanced Metering Infrastructure, cyber-physical systems, prosumers, demand responses, EV interaction, data analytics, etc. (note: ICT makes the grid smart)|
|SE||(Sustainable) Energy sources related subjects including design, implementation and grid-integration. Examples are: photovoltaic, geothermal, biomass, combined heat and power, etc.|
|EMPR (new)||Market design, clearing and pricing; Economics of renewables, demand response, and storage; Peer-to-peer and local trading; Multi-energy systems and market coupling; Rate design and incentive regulation; Integrated resource planning; Policies to support rural electrification; Energy, climate and environmental redistribution policies.|
|OAJPE||All of the above|
The IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, IEEE Transactions on Energy Markets, Policy and Regulation, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, and IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy are hybrid journals, allowing either Traditional manuscript submission or Open Access (author-pays OA) manuscript submission.
- The OA option, if selected, enables unrestricted public access to the article via IEEE Xplore. The OA option will be offered to the author after the manuscript is accepted and during the time the final files are uploaded. If selected, the OA fee of $2,195 must be paid before the article is published in the journal. If you have unusual circumstances about this, please contact the Editor-in-Chief. Any other applicable charges (such as the over-length page charge and/or charge for the use of color in the print format) will be billed separately once the manuscript formatting is complete but prior to publication.
- The traditional option, if selected, enables access to all qualified subscribers and purchasers via IEEE Xplore. No OA payment is required.
The IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy is an Open Access only publication. Open Access (OA) allows unrestricted public access to the article via IEEE Xplore. In lieu of paid subscriptions, authors are required to pay a publication fee after their paper has been accepted ($1,350 per manuscript up to a maximum of 11.5 pages in the final accepted version).
All PES journals are digitally archived in IEEE Xplore.
- Transaction Paper Abstracts
- Calls for Papers for Transactions
- Submit a Transactions Paper or PES Letter
- IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion
- IEEE Transactions on Energy Markets, Policy and Regulation
- IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery
- IEEE Transactions on Power Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid
- IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy
- FAQs for Transactions Authors
- How to become a reviewer of PES Transactions Papers
- How to become an Associate Editor for a PES Transactions