PES is dedicated to the preparation and on-going education of its membership. The links found on this page guide you to relevant education resources provided by the PES Power and Energy Education Committee (PEEC) and external organizations.
- University Power Engineering Capability Database
- IEEE eLearning Library Site
- IEEE PES Scholarship Plus Initiative
- Scholarships, Grants & Fellowships available within IEEE
- Power Engineering Degree Programs in the USA & Canada
Learn What Power and Energy Engineers Do
- PES Video: Electric Power: A New Generation
- PES Video: Power Engineering: Careers that Make Technology Work
- PES Video: The Power Industry Needs You
- Look for a job/internship within the Power Industy - PES Careers
The following competitions are supported by the IEEE Power & Energy Society.
- 2014 Global Energy Forecasting Competition - The Global Energy Forecasting Competition (GEFCom) is a competition conducted by a team led by Dr. Tao Hong that invites submissions around the world for forecasting energy demand. It has been conducted in 2012 and 2014. The next competition will take place in 2016.
- IEEE International Future Energy Contest - The International Future Energy Challenge (IFEC) is an international student competition for innovation, conservation, and effective use of electrical energy, which is open to college and university student teams from recognized engineering programs in any location. The competition is sponsored by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Power Electronics Society (PELS), Power & Energy Society (PES), Industry Application Society (IAS), Industrial Electronics Society (IES), Vehicular Technology Society (VTS) and Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA).
Student Chapters & Support at Conferences:
- Locate a Student Branch Chapter
- PES Support of Student Activities at PES Conferences
- PES Transmission & Distribution Conference and Exposition (Held every 2 years)
- PES General Meeting (Annually)
- North American Power Symposium (Annually)