The Power & Energy Society (PES) provides the world's largest forum for sharing the latest in technological developments in the electric power industry, for developing standards that guide the development and construction of equipment and systems, and for educating members of the industry and the general public. Members of the Power & Energy Society are leaders in this field, and they — and their employers — derive substantial benefits from involvement with this unique and outstanding association.
The Mission of PES is:
To be the leading provider of scientific and engineering information on electric power and energy for the betterment of society, and the preferred professional development source for our members ~ Approved by the IEEE PES Governing Board, 17 July 2003
PES' Field of Interest is:
The scope of the Society embraces research, development, planning, design, construction, maintenance, installation and operation of equipment, structures, materials and power systems for the safe, sustainable, economic and reliable conversion, generation, transmission, distribution, storage and usage of electric energy, including its measurement and control.
- 2014 Governing Board - Names, e-mail addresses and photos
- PES Organization Chart and Committee Directory (log-in required)
- IEEE PES Welcome Video featuring PES President Noel Schulz
IEEE Sister Societies
Organizations with Which PES has a Agreements of Cooperation
- CIGRE (International Council on Large Electric Systems)
- CSEE (Chinese Society of Electrical Engineering)
- IEEJ/PES (The Power and Energy Society of the Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan)