PES Volunteer Resources
The success of PES is largely due to an active membership willing to volunteer their time and expertise toward the betterment of the society. Volunteer opportunities include serving on technical committees, becoming involved in a chapter, being a webmaster and helping at a conference or meeting, among many other ways to serve. On this page, you will find a number of resources for volunteers.
For All Volunteers
- PES Logos
- IEEE Expense Report Form with Instructions 2013 Expense Report Form. Make sure you are using only the current version of this form (the amount you are reimbursed for mileage can change). Remember to include your member/supplier number to avoid unnecessary delays.
- PES PowerPoint Templates. Use these for PES conferences.
- IEEE Travel Department
For the best service and some special IEEE discounts for IEEE, personal and business travel.
- Complete List of IEEE Volunteer Resources
Whatever your involvement with PES or IEEE, find useful resources here.
- Registration Confirmation Letter to Help Obtain Visa
As an non-US resident, could a letter confirming your meeting registration help with your efforts to obtain a visa to attend a PES Meeting? Please contact the registration company for the conference you are attending to assist you.
- Information for Authors of Web Pages
Before you request that PES link to your page or that we post your page, please see this information
- Entity Web Hosting Information
IEEE offers all PES entities a place to host their web pages for free
- IEEE WordPress Website Hosting via Entity Web Hosting (Newest method)
IEEE is providing complimentary website hosting services for applicable chapters and committees of PES. WordPress is a user friendly website management tool that requires no previous knowledge of HTML coding and uses an interface similar to a word processing program. Use the link above to request the creation of a website for your group and learn more about WordPress.
- PES HTML Templates for Chapters & Committees (For archival purposes only)
The PES HTML templates that are provided contain empty links, placeholder images, and placeholder coding. You must review the individual template files and update these items for your website as needed. For an introduction to HTML, including helpful tutorials, please visit W3schools.com. It is recommended that you use the above IEEE WordPress link to request the building of a WordPress website. The HTML templates provided here are for archival purposes only.