Benefits of Membership in the IEEE Power & Energy Society Include:
- Free subscription to PES award-winning Power & Energy magazine
- Free membership in your local PES chapter
- Discounts at dozens of PES sponsored or co-sponsored
conferences and meetings in your area and around the world
- Discounts to technical tutorials and Plain Talk courses
- Discounted subscription rate to five PES and three Sister Society peer-reviewed technical journals
- An IEEE membership also include many benefits. Learn more here.
How to Join PES
Joining IEEE and PES is easy. You must first be an IEEE member. IEEE membership yearly dues vary based on location. As of 2012 the IEEE dues are US$180 in the United States; from US$163.90 to US$177.70 in Canada; US$151 in Africa, Europe and the Middle East; US$142 in Latin America; and $143 in Asia and the Pacific. A discounted e-membership from US$54 to US$63 is offered for residents of GDP-limited countries. Discounted rates are also available for people with special circumstances, such as loss of employment, retired or disabled. Complete information about IEEE dues is found here.
Once you become an IEEE member, PES membership is only US$35 per year.
Join IEEE/PES between March 1st and August 15th and only pay half the yearly membership dues!
This promotion allows you to join IEEE and/or PES for half price--get up to 10 months of membership for the price of six! You must be a new member to be eligible. See the details here.
Member Benefit Materials
- Member Benefit Brochure
- Building Better Professionals Around the World
A handbook of PES membership for those in the energy and power fields (formatted PDF booklet)
- Access the slide deck from our Membership Benefits and Organization Webinar here
- New! PES Promotional Flyers. Download and print for your chapter's next event.
Flyer 1 and Flyer 2.