Benefits of Membership in the IEEE Power & Energy Society Include:
- Free subscription to PES award-winning Power & Energy magazine
- Free digital subscription to Electrification magazine
- Free access to over 1000 technical reports, tutorials, videos and presentations on the PES Resource Center
- Free membership in your local PES chapter
- Discounts at dozens of PES sponsored or co-sponsored conferences and meetings in your area and around the world
- Discounts to technical tutorials
- Access to dozens of live and archived technical and professional development webinars
- Receive Continuing Education Units or Professional Development Hours by attending our Plain Talk Series
- Discounted subscription rate to five PES and four Sister Society peer-reviewed technical journals
- An IEEE membership also include many benefits. Learn more here.
How to Join PES
Joining IEEE and PES is easy. You must first be an IEEE member. IEEE membership yearly dues vary based on location. As of 2017 the IEEE dues are US$199 in the United States; from US$175.45 to US$190.31 in Canada; US$162 in Africa, Europe and the Middle East; US$153 in Latin America; and US$154 in Asia and the Pacific. A discounted e-membership from US$82 to US$90 is offered for residents of GDP-limited countries. Discounted rates are also available for people with special circumstances, such as loss of employment, retired or disabled. Complete information about IEEE dues is found here.
Once you become an IEEE member, PES membership is only US$35 per year.
Membership Benefit and Promotional Materials
- Member Benefits Brochure (Updated October 2015)
- Access the slide deck from our Membership Benefits and Organization Webinar here
- PES Promotional Flyers. Download and print for your chapter's next event.
Flyer 1 and Flyer 2.
- Student Membership Flyer
- Affiliate Membership Flyer
- Technical Activities Flyer
- Senior Membership Flyer