US Department of Energy/IEEE Power & Energy Society
- 5 May 2016 - IEEE PES and the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability (OE) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to address grid modernization challenges with a focus on the distribution level. The MOU concentrates on both planning and operational challenges that include integrated resource planning and schemes for coordination, control, and information management.
- 29 June 2016 - Submission of IEEE Reports in response to the Stakeholder Engagement Process for the Second Installment of the U.S. DOE Quadrennial Energy Review (QER 1.2)
- 30 June 2016 - Representatives from the US Department of Energy and the IEEE Power & Energy Society met on 30 June 2016 at the IEEE Office in Washington DC. It was agreed that IEEE and the DOE would form joint teams to discuss areas of cooperation in the following subject areas with a goal of having a positive effect within the power industry. Eight (8) teams were formed regarding the following subject areas:
Communication Systems, Data Management Systems
Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS)/Grid Management System (GMS)
Interoperability requirements roadmap
Algorithm for grid metrics success
Education (Best practice)
Technology/Regulatory Policy Gap
- November 2016 - DOE & PES Volunteers met and discussed Interoperability Standards Efforts and Priorities. Action items from the meeting concerned the identification of use cases that can be reviewed to determine what standards are used and identify the gaps.
- December 2016 - plans are being made to have a panel session with representatives from DOE, FERC, NERC and European Union at 2017 PES ISGT Conference and the PES General Meeting
This page will be updated on team activities as they are received. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Dan Toland.