Search for EIC of IEEE PES Electrification Magazine
The Steering Committee of the IEEE Electrification Magazine (EM) is soliciting applications/nominations for Editor-in-Chief (EIC) of the magazine, from IEEE members in good standing and with strong track records of work in/with industry. The position will be effective for a 3-year term, renewable once, starting January 1, 2020.
The Electrification Magazine is a quarterly magazine dedicated to disseminating information on all matters related to microgrids on-board electric vehicles, ships, trains, planes, and off-grid applications. The magazine is sponsored by the IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES), IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS), IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS), and IEEE Transportation Electrification Community (TEC).
The deadline for submission of the following items is August 31, 2019:
- Prior service on IEEE Editorial Boards.
- IEEE Technical Committee activity.
- Professional sector (i.e. academia, utility, manufacturer, government, vendor, other).
- Up to five keywords of expertise.
- A vision statement for the EM (1 page max.)
- Titles of up to 10 IEEE articles authored by the applicant/nominee most relevant to the EM.
- Names and contact information of three references.
- A resume/CV of max. 4 pages.
All documentation should be sent to Maria Proetto, Senior Administrator, PES Publication Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject of the email being Application / Nomination for IEEE Electrification Magazine EIC.
The Steering Committee of Electrification Magazine will review all nominees /applicants’ documentation. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed further by the committee to assess their leadership vision and strategies for the journal. The Steering Committee will make an EIC recommendation to the PES President, who confirms the appointment after endorsement from the ExCom/Governing Board.
Chair, Electrification Magazine Steering Committee