IEEE Young Professionals (formerly GOLD) was created in 1996 as a membership program to help students transition to young professionals within the larger IEEE community. IEEE young professionals are automatically added to the Young Professionals member community as they graduate. In addition, PES members who have received their first professional degree within the last ten years are automatically PES Young Professionals members. Currently, there are over 3,200 PES Young Professionals members worldwide. The PES Young Professionals Committee is dedicated to better serving student members of PES and assisting Young Professionals members in their transition to young professionals. This committee is currently focusing on the following initiatives:
- Building continuity into student programs, transitioning to Young Professionals membership, and senior IEEE/PES membership.
- Provide students and young professionals with career services via PES-Careers, job fairs and conference seminars.
- Educate students on Young Professionals membership and IEEE membership benefits.
- Involving PES Young Professionals members in PES activities.
More information on the IEEE Young Professionals Program can be found here.
- PES Young Professionals Website
- PES Young Professionals Conference Events
- PES Young Professionals Committee Members