Today's students are tomorrow's leaders. Students enjoy special IEEE and PES membership discounts. Graduate and undergraduate students are eligible.
To join PES as a student member you must first be an IEEE student member. IEEE student membership yearly dues are US$32 in the US; from US$33.60 to US$36.80 in Canada; US$27 in everywhere else. After you become an IEEE member, your first year of PES membership is free. After your first year, PES membership dues are only US$18.00 per year.
Want to form a PES Student Branch Chapter? It's easier than you think:
- Locate a Student Branch Chapter
Creation of a PES Student Branch Chapter requires:
- An IEEE Student Branch is required to establish a PES Student Branch Chapter.
- Signatures of at least six (6) IEEE Student Branch members, who are members of PES.
- A Faculty Advisor, who is also a member of IEEE and PES.
- The name and address of the Student Branch Chapter organizer (who will serve as interim Chair pending election of a regular Chair at a later organization meeting).
- Completed and approved petition.
More information on petitions can be found here.
PES Support of Student Activities at PES Conferences
- The IEEE PES Power & Energy Education Committee organizes the following events (a) student support program (b) student poster contest (c) student housing support program at the conferences noted below.
- PES Transmission & Distribution Conference and Exposition (Held every 2 years)
- PES General Meeting (Annually)
- North American Power Symposium (Annually)