PES Distinguished Lecturer Program
This program provides lectures worldwide to present topics of current interest for chapter meetings. The lecturers are well-known engineers who have been working in the selected areas for long time. This program brings experts otherwise not available to the chapters, and enhances technical activities.
PES Distinguished Lecturer Program (DLP)
Pre-scoping and applying for PES DLP by Chapter Chair
- PES Distinguished Lecturers List (Technical) Access through PES Member Login
- PES DLP Speaker Request Form
- PES DLP Checklist
Feedback and Review Forms after the PES DLP Event
Nomination Form and Evaluation Rubric for New PES DL Application
A chapter can request a lecturer by sending a request form to the chair of the Distinguished Lecturer Program committee. The list of the available lecturers and the requisite form is available from the links above in the pre-scoping and applying for PES DLP in this webpage.
The Distinguished Lecturer Program Committee administers the program. PES will share the cost of the program with the recipient chapter, section or region. The financial arrangements for providing a lecturer are as follows:
- For lectures arranged in conjunction with a business trip, PES reimburses incidental expenses.
- For lectures arranged with an employed lecturer, cost sharing with PES and employees is encouraged.
- For lectures invited by Chapters which cannot be arranged as listed above, PES will pay the inter-city travel cost. The remaining cost will be the responsibility of the local chapter.
- For lectures not listed in the PES DLP, PES will endeavor to treat financially similar to the above.
- PES supports financially a DLP lecturer visit to each chapter once per year. PES DLP program is for Chapter Chair initiated events and cannot be approved if the intent is for keynote/tutorials for a locally held PES Sponsored or other non-sponsored conferences.
- Each individual DLP Lecturer can only be financially supported up to three times per year. These three trips can include only a maximum of one inter-continental trip in that calendar year, while the others has to be around neighboring regions.
Contact the Distinguished Lecturer Program Committee at email@example.com.