IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy - Volume 7
Listed below are the papers that have been published to date in volume 7 of the IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy. Papers will be added to the issue throughout the year as they are accepted and finalized. Click on the titles to access the papers in the PES Resource Center.
- "Small-Signal Stability Analysis of the Interactions Between Voltage Source Converters and DC Current Flow Controllers"
R. Guan, N. Deng, Y. Xue, and X. Zhang
- "Accelerated Sparse Matrix-Based Computation of Electromagnetic Transients"
A. Abusalah, O. Saad, J. Mahseredjian, U. Karaagac, and I. Kocar
- "Aggregation of Residential Water Heaters for Peak Shifting and Frequency Response Services"
T. Clarke, T. Slay, C. Eustis, and R. B. Bass
- "Optimal Scheduling of Merchant-Owned Energy Storage Systems With Multiple Ancillary Services"
C. Opathella, A. Elkasrawy, A. A. Mohamed, and B. Venkatesh
- "A Benchmark Distribution System for Investigation of Residential Microgrids With Multiple Local Generation and Storage Devices"
S. A. Raza and J. Jiang
- "A Data-Driven Justification for Dedicated Dynamic Pricing for Residences-Based Plug-in Electric Vehicles in Wind Energy-Rich Electricity Grids"
F. Eldali and S. Suryanarayanan
- "MATLAB-Based Programs for Power System Dynamic Analysis"
- "Wide Area Control of Governors and Power System Stabilizers With an Adaptive Tuning of Coordination Signals"
L. Zacharia, M. Asprou, and E. Kyriakides
- "Resource Study of Large-Scale Electric Water Heater Aggregation"
K. Marnell, C. Eustis, and R. B. Bass
- "Visualizing the Impacts of Renewable Energy Growth in the U.S. Midcontinent"
A. L. Figueroa-Acevedo, C.-H. Tsai, K. Gruchalla, Z. Claes, S. Foley, J. Bakke, J. Okullo, and A. J. Prabhakar
- "Adaptive Droop Control Method for Suppressing Circulating Currents in DC Microgrids"
N. Ghanbari and S. Bhattacharya
- "A Low-Loss Thyristor-Based Hybrid Three-Level and Modular Multilevel Converter With DC Fault Blocking Capability for HVDC Transmission"
Levi M. Bieber, Liwei Wang, and Wei Li
- "Fault Statistics and Analysis of 220-kV and Above Transmission Lines in a Southern Coastal Provincial Power Grid of China"
- "Design Paradigm for Modular Multilevel Converter-Based Generator Rectifier Systems"
Raj Sahu and Scott Sudhoff
- "Data-Driven Risk Analysis of Joint Electric Vehicle and Solar Operation in Distribution Networks"
Alejandro Palomino and Masood Parvania
- "Quantifying Performance of Distribution System State Estimators in Supporting Advanced Applications"
Jens Schoene, Muhammad Humayun, Brenden Russell, Gary Sun, Josh Bui, Armando Salazar, Noah Badayos, Minqi Zhong, Moein Lak, and Christopher R. Clarke
- "Thévenin Equivalent Circuits for Modeling Common-Mode Behavior in Power Electronic Systems"
Timothy J. Donnelly, Steven D. Pekarek, Drummond R. Fudge, and Nyah Zarate
- "Software-Defined Microgrid Control: The Genesis of Decoupled Cyber-Physical Microgrids"
Lizhi Wang, Yanyuan Qin, Zefan Tang, and Peng Zhang
- "Active System Grounding With a Novel Distribution Transformer Design"
Michael D. Everton
- "Fast Frequency Support From Wind Turbine Systems by Arresting Frequency Nadir Close to Settling Frequency"
Xianxian Zhao, Ying Xue, and Xiao-Ping Zhang
- "Meeting Temporary Facility Energy Demand With Climate-Optimized Off-Grid Energy Systems"
Jay Pearson, Torrey Wagner, Justin Delorit, and Steven Schuldt
- "Mosaic Packing to Visualize Large-Scale Electric Grid Data"
Adam B. Birchfield and Thomas J. Overbye
- "Energy Consumption Model for Indoor Cannabis Cultivation Facility"
Nafeesa Mehboob, Hany E. Z. Farag, and Abdullah M. Sawas
- "A Hybrid Optimization Method Combining Network Expansion Planning and Switching State Optimization"
Florian Schäfer, Alexander Scheidler, and Martin Braun
- "Impact of Energy Storage on Economic Dispatch of Distribution Systems: A Multi-Parametric Linear Programming Approach and Its Implications"
Wei Wei, Danman Wu, Zhaojian Wang, Shengwei Mei, and João P. S. Catalão
- "Turbine Startup and Shutdown in Wind Farms Featuring Partial Power Processing Converters"
Marten Pape and Mehrdad Kazerani
- "Adaptive Coordination of Damping Controllers for Enhanced Power System Stability"
Horacio Silva-Saravia, Héctor Pulgar-Painemal, David A. Schoenwald, and Wenyun Ju
- "FAPI Controller for Frequency Support in Low-Inertia Power Systems"
Elyas Rakhshani, Arcadio Perilla, José L. Rueda Torres, Francisco M. Gonzalez-Longatt, Thiago Batista Soeiro, and Mart A. M. M. Van Der Meijden
- "Optimal Energy Dispatch of Distributed PVs for the Next Generation of Distribution Management Systems"
Fei Ding, Yingchen Zhang, Jeffery Simpson, Andrey Bernstein, and Subramanian Vadari
- "Parallel-in-Time Object-Oriented Electromagnetic Transient Simulation of Power Systems"
Tianshi Cheng, Tong Duan, and Venkata Dinavahi
- "Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing of Dynamic Grid Voltages for Static Var Compensator Controllers With Single-Phase Induction Motor Loads"
Bikrant Poudel, Ebrahim Amiri, Jayanth R. Ramamurthy, Ittiphong Leevongwat, Thomas E. Field, Rastin Rastgoufard, and Parviz Rastgoufard
- "Reinforcement Learning for Building Energy Optimization Through Controlling of Central HVAC System"
Jun Hao, David Wenzhong Gao, and Jun Jason Zhang
Special Section on Emerging Topics in Power and Energy Society
- "Editorial on Special Section: Invited Papers on Emerging Topics in the Power and Energy Society"
Fangxing "Fran" Li and João P. S. Catalão
- "The Evolution of Research in Microgrids Control"
Athanasios Vasilakis, Igyso Zafeiratou, Dimitris T. Lagos, and Nikos D. Hatziargyriou
- "Complementarity, not Optimization, is the Language of Markets"
Antonio J. Conejo and Carlos Ruiz
- "Recent Development of Frequency Estimation Methods for Future Smart Grid"
Jiecheng Zhao, Lingwei Zhan, He Yin, Fuhua Li, Wenxuan Yao, and Yilu Liu
- "Wildfire Risk Mitigation: A Paradigm Shift in Power Systems Planning and Operation"
John W. Muhs, Masood Parvania, and Mohammad Shahidehpour
- "Energy Forecasting: A Review and Outlook"
Tao Hong, Pierre Pinson, Yi Wang, Rafał Weron, Dazhi Yang, and Hamidreza Zareipour
- "Decentralized Intrusion Prevention (DIP) Against Co-Ordinated Cyberattacks on Distribution Automation Systems"
Jennifer Appiah-Kubi and Chen-Ching Liu
- "Composite System Reliability Evaluation With Essential Reliability Services Assessment of Wind Power Integrated Power Systems"
Yingying Wang, Vijay Vittal, Mojdeh Khorsand, and Chanan Singh
- "System-Level Design for Reliability and Maintenance Scheduling in Modern Power Electronic-Based Power Systems"
Saeed Peyghami, Peter Palensky, Mahmoud Fotuhi-Firuzabad, and Frede Blaabjerg
- "Energy Quality: A Definition"
Xiao-Ping Zhang and Zuanhong Yan
- "Technical and Economic Impact of the Inertia Constraints on Power Plant Unit Commitment"
Carmelo Mosca, Ettore Bompard, Gianfranco Chicco, Benedetto Aluisio, Michela Migliori, Chiara Vergine, and Paolo Cuccia
- "A Stochastic Two-Stage Model for the Integrated Scheduling of the Electric and Natural Gas Systems"
Nikolaos G. Kanelakis, Pandelis N. Biskas, Dimitris I. Chatzigiannis, and Anastasios G. Bakirtzis
- "Asynchronous Economic Dispatch for Combined Heat and Power Systems"
Xin Qin, Hongbin Sun, and Ye Guo
- "Building Highly Detailed Synthetic Electric Grid Data Sets for Combined Transmission and Distribution Systems"
Hanyue Li, Jessica L. Wert, Adam Barlow Birchfield, Thomas J. Overbye, Tomas Gomez San Roman, Carlos Mateo Domingo, Fernando Emilio Postigo Marcos, Pablo Duenas Martinez, Tarek Elgindy, and Bryan Palmintier
- "Reconfigurable Real-Time Power Grid Emulator for Systems With High Penetration of Renewables"
Leon M. Tolbert, Fred Wang, Kevin Tomsovic, Kai Sun, Jingxin Wang, Yiwei Ma, and Yunting Liu
- "Root-Mean Square Model of Three-Phase Photovoltaic Inverter for Unbalanced Fault"
Hayato Satoh, Koji Yamashita, Keisuke Shirasaki, and Yoshihiro Kitauchi
- "Energy Storage as a Service: Optimal Pricing for Transmission Congestion Relief"
Juan Arteaga, Hamidreza Zareipour, and Nima Amjady
- "A Probabilistic Reverse Power Flows Scenario Analysis Framework"
Antonin Demazy, Tansu Alpcan, and Iven Mareels