IEEE PES Sharing Knowledge on Electrical Energy Industry's First Response to COVID-19: Part II - Technical Impacts
Microgrid Stability Definitions, Analysis, and Modeling
LIVE Webinar EVENT July 6, 2020 (12:00PM ET)
2. Dr. Mostafa Farrokhabadi is the Senior Director of Technology at BluWave-ai and an Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. He is experienced in designing mission critical grid solutions for industry and academia and has (co)authored several high-impact articles and patents on control and optimization of smart grids.
3. Dr. Reinaldo Tonkoski is Associate Professor in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department, South Dakota State University, and a Visiting Faculty at Sandia National Laboratories. He is Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy and IEEE ACCESS. His research group is specialized in power electronics and controls applied to power systems.
4. Dr. Mario Paolone received the M.Sc. (Hons.) and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Bologna, Italy, in 1998 and 2002. From 2005 to 2011, he was assistant professor in power systems with the University of Bologna. Since 2011, he is full professor with the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland.
5. Dr. Richard Wies, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, leads research focused on the engineering challenges of renewable energy integration in remote islanded microgrids in collaboration with the Alaska Center for Energy and Power.
6. Dr. Nikos Hatziargyriou is Professor in Power Systems at the National Technical University of Athens. Until 2019 he was Chair and CEO of the Hellenic DNO and he has been Deputy CEO of the Public Power Utility, responsible for Transmission and Distribution. He is a Fellow Member of IEEE, past Chair of the Power System Dynamic Performance Committee (PSDPC), and Editor in Chief of the IEEE Trans on Power Systems.