IEEE PES Outstanding Engineer Award
The IEEE PES Outstanding Engineer Award program allows each PES Chapter the opportunity to recognize the outstanding contribution of local engineers to the power engineering profession.
This award was established in 1994 by the PES Executive Board to recognize outstanding technical, professional and society contributions on behalf of the power engineer profession. In 2014 this was modified to recognize both more experienced members (>15 years) and less experienced (<15 years) members.
Each Chapter is free to establish their own priorities for the selection criteria. The following areas are suggested for comparison of award nominees:
- Outstanding technical contributions to the power engineering profession.
- Outstanding professional and leadership contributions to the power engineering profession
- Significant contributions to the local community representing the power engineering profession.
- Outstanding contributions in the area of power engineering education.
Note: The recipient must be both an IEEE and PES member
Chapters that participate in this program should:
- Establish their own annual calendar for this award. One award may be given each calendar year in each of the experience categories (less than 15 and more than 15 years).
- Publicize a request for nominations for the Outstanding Engineer Award. Each chapter member should be made aware of the award process.
- Designate a committee of at least three individuals to review the nominations for the Outstanding Engineer and to make a selection. This committee should be chaired by the Chapter chair or his or her designee.
- Design a nomination form as deemed appropriate by the local selection committee. A "free form" nomination procedure is appropriate.
This award should be given high visibility and status in the Chapter. The award presentation should be coordinated with the local media to ensure maximum exposure in the local community.
PES will provide, at no cost to the Chapter, a plaque to present to the recipient. The plaque must be requested by using hte OEA Request Form which is submitted to email@example.com. An example of a plaque and the request form are available on the Chapters Awards web page.