IEEE PES Entity Proposal Management (EPM) Committee
What we do: The EPM Committee, as a standing committee within the IEEE PES Technical Council, will manage the entity proposal review process received from the various channels to ensure that these proposals or similar documents are reviewed by the IEEE PES Technical Council and the relevant technical committees. The EPM Committee review process should take place prior to IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) New Standards Committee (NesCom) Meetings.
To download the full IEEE PES EPM Process document, click here.
IEEE PES EPM Composition:
- Chaired by the Tech Council immediate past chair.
- Vice chair, to serve a 5- year term (who is a past chair of a technical committee).
- The EPM Chair would appoint six (6) members from the 17 technical committees with staggered 3-year terms (with option of one renewal for total potential term of 6 years for one individual) 
- IEEE PES Tech Council Standards Coordinating Committee Chair
- IEEE PES Governing Board Member-at-Large for Standards
- IEEE-SA Liaison, as assigned by IEEE-SA
- IEEE PES Technical Activities Program Manager
 This would allow for 2 new people on the committee each year with the staggered terms. Of the 6 members appointed they would represent a grouping of committees of the technical committees (not just “their own” one committee).
Current IEEE PES EPM Members:
- Vijay Vittal, Chair
- Dan Sabin, Vice Chair
- Steve Vechy, Rep. for ESSB, NPEC, SBLCS & PSOPE Committees
- Philip Winston, Rep. for PSRC, PSCC, & AMPS Committees
- Jim Graham, Rep. for TR, PSIM, & ICC Committees
- John McDaniel, Rep. for T&D, SPDC Committees
- Keith Flowers, Rep. for SWG & SUB Committees
- Kay Chen, Rep. for EMC, EDPG & PSDP Committees
IEEE PES EPM Meeting Dates
11:00 AM Eastern Time the following Thursdays:
- January 20, 2022
- March 17, 2022
- May 19, 2022
- July 28, 2022
- September 15, 2022
- November 17, 2022
For questions related to the IEEE PES EPM Committee, please contact Program Manager, Shana Pepin (firstname.lastname@example.org)