Marianna Vaiman to Speak at Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Technical Conference
Marianna Vaiman, Member of the IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) Technical Policy Support Task Force, to Speak at Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Technical Conference on Monday, 26 June 2017
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) is hosting a technical conference, 26-28 June 2017, to discuss opportunities for increasing real-time and day-ahead market efficiency through improved software. Scheduled to speak and present at the conference on Monday, 26 June 2017, is Marianna Vaiman - member of the IEEE PES Technical Policy Support Task Force and executive vice president for V&R Energy Systems Research.
Marianna's presentation, titled "Improving Power System Reliability and Resiliency Through Enhanced Modeling and Advanced Software Tools," will focus on advances in power system modeling, including advanced state estimation, implementation of the node-breaker model, and modeling of extreme events . Her presentation will also cover use of cutting-edge technologies, like synchrophasor technology; and enhancements in computing technology, such multi-core and distributed programming, to improve power system analysis in both real-time and planning environments.
In addition to describing the role of IEEE PES in facilitating adoption of these enhanced modeling capabilities and training on advanced technologies, Marianna will also cover software applications that allow system operators and planners to enhance health of the power system network.
- What: Marianna Vaiman's Presentation "Improving Power System Reliability and Resiliency Through Enhanced Modeling and Advanced Software Tools" at the FERC Technical Conference: Increasing Real-Time and Day-Ahead Market Efficiency through Improved Software
- When: Monday, 26 June 2017, 1:30pm (Session M3)
- Where: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, 888 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20426 - Meeting Room 3M-2
- Who: Marianna Vaiman, Member of the IEEE Power & Energy Society Technical Policy Support Task Force and Executive Vice President for V&R Energy Systems Research
- How: For more details on how to register to attend the FERC Technical Conference or to join live via Webex:
See the Technical Conference Agenda (PDF)
Conference Details and WebEx Information