IEEE PES thanks its members for their support during these challenging times. IEEE provides many tools to support our membership through virtual conferences and meetings, online collaboration tools, publishing impactful cutting-edge research, virtual educational resources, and more
- Read the article in IEEE USA Insight "Delivering Reliable Power During a Pandemic"
- Listen to the latest On the Dot podcast where host Melinda Garvey speaks with Dr. Shay Bahramirad to stimulate more diverse involvement and leadership throughout PES and the industry it serves
- Read the article in Smart Energy International "IEEE Whitepaper Addresses COVID-19 Challenges for Utilities"
- Read the article in Power Engineering International "Engineers Highlight COVID-19 Utility Challenges"
- Read the Interview in Smart Cities Dive "Observing Recovery Through a Climate Magnifying Glass"
- Listen to the EnergyCast podcast where Alexsi Paaso lead author of the COVID-19 white paper discusses with host Jay Dauenhauer the paper's key takeaways
- Read the article in Energy Daily: “Electrify vehicle fleets and transportation sector will follow”
- Read the article on COVID-19 Providing a World of Research on the Grid and Microgrids: IEEE
- Read the interview on How Energy Engineers Are Keeping Your Power On During COVID-19
- Listen to the Seeking Delphi podcast where Shay Bahramirad participates in a post-COVID future series discussing the electrical grid and emergency preparedness during the pandemic
MAY 2020 - Free Whitepaper, "Sharing Knowledge on Electrical Energy Industry's First Response to COVID-19"
- IEEE PES Sharing Knowledge on Electrical Energy Industry - Response to COVID-19
IEEE PES Sharing Knowledge on Electrical Energy Industry's First Response to COVID-19 Part II - Technical Impacts
- IEEE Smart Grid Webinar Series: Performance, Safety & Degradation of Li-ion Battery Storage
IEEE Smart Grid Material
Member Remote Access IEEE Xplore
- If you access IEEE Xplore(R) Digital Library through your institution and you are having access issues when working remotely, try these tips for remote access, or contact IEEE for help.
IEEE Dues & Society - Special Circumstances
IEEE realizes that economic circumstances may impact some members' ability to pay the full amount of IEEE membership dues.
For this reason, the following special circumstance categories have been established. Special circumstance discounts are not
available to Student members or to members in developing nations who take the electronic membership option. Only one category may be claimed in any year.