Call for Proposals to Host the 2017 IEEE PES Student Congress
The IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) invites interested non-profits to submit a proposal to host the 2017 IEEE PES Student Congress for the US and Canada covering Regions 1 through 7.
History of the PES Student Congress
The 1st IEEE PES Student Congress was hosted by IEEE METU Student Branch, IEEE PES and Middle East Technical University (METU) Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department on Aug. 29-31, 2014 in Ankara, Turkey. The Congress covered technical lectures, a fair, IEEE/PES non-technical workshops, both technical and historical field trips and was sponsored by domestic electrical companies. 40 students from 22 different countries and 6 speakers from 5 countries attended the 3 day event.
The 2nd PES Student Congress took place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on Aug. 15-17, 2016. For more information, please visit: http://2ndpesstudentcongress.ieeemy.org/ and https://www.facebook.com/2ndpesstudentcongress/.
- Proposed Host/Co-Sponsor
- List of Corporate and Other Supporters
- List of Members of Proposed Conference Leadership Team
- Proposed Congress Dates
- Proposed Location
- Proposed Venue
- Proposed Student Workshop/Project/Contest
- Statement Regarding Relationship with PES Chapters/Student Chapters
- Statement Regarding PES Student Congress Requirements
- Statement Regarding PES Sponsorship of the PES Student Congress
Submission Procedure and Evaluation
- Please submit proposals by 12/15/16 to Danijel Topic at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electronic submission via PDF
- Proposals will be evaluated by the Evaluation Committee, which will make a site selection recommendation to the IEEE PES VP Chapters and IEEE PES Student Coordinator
- The final Host/Co-Sponsor selection will be approved by PES as required by policy. The successful bidder will be notified by February 1, 2017.
WE WELCOME ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS!
Danijel Topic, PhD - PES Student Congress Coordinator
Valentina Cecchi, PhD - PES Student Chapter Coordinator for R 1–7