Call For Papers - ISGT North America 2016
The Seventh Conference on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT 2016), sponsored by the IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES), will be held on September 6-9, 2016 at the Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown hotel in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The Conference will be a forum for the participants to discuss issues and effective strategies for grid modernization given the changing electric industry landscape due to the advent of information and communication technology and the emergence of renewable and distributed energy resources (DERs). The Conference will feature plenary sessions, panels, technical papers, industry exhibits, and tutorials by experts on smart grid applications and systems integration. The theme for this year will be "Transformation and Advancements for Grid Modernization," and will include an emphasis on advanced distribution management systems, the integration of distributed energy resources, the seams between distribution and bulk power operations, and the needed approaches for both planning and operations.
The Conference Organizing Committee invites researchers and practitioners worldwide to submit papers for review and possible presentation. The Conference scope covers the following general topics:
- Utility experience when attempting to accommodate high levels of DERs
- Design, development and operation of microgrids
- Architectural considerations in the determination of future grid designs
- Integrated resources planning that considers the effective integration of DERs
- Planning and operating issues at the seam between transmission and distribution systems
- Valuation methods for smart grid technologies and DERs
- Application and progress of advanced distribution management systems
- Application and progress in distribution automation
- Advanced sensing, communication and control requirements in an advanced grid
- Interoperability requirements and standards
- Data management and visualization
- End-device visibility and control
- The effective interface between the grid and responsive loads, including emerging transactive energy systems (TES), and distribution system operator (DSO) constructs
- The emergence and impact of disruptive technologies (e.g., power electronics)
- Asset management and optimization
- Convergent networks (e.g., smart cities)
Complete papers (maximum length 5 pages, and in accordance with the PES Author's Kit) are to be submitted by March 7, 2016 (no later than 11:59 pm eastern) via the document submission portal, which will be available on the ISGT website.
In addition to general criteria mentioned in the Author's Kit, the following criteria will be used in evaluating the submissions:
- Evidence of actual deployment or application
- Representative of a state-of-the-art capability or practice
- Ability to inform strategies for advancing grid capabilities
Accepted papers must be presented at the conference before they can be included in IEEE Xplore. Papers will be selected to be presented at either a paper session or a poster session. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Conference Registration and Accommodation
Information on hotel and conference registration will be available on the ISGT website.
Conference Organizing Committee
- Conference Chair: Jacob Bernhagen
- Technical Program Chair: Joseph Paladino
Paper Submission Site Opens: February 5, 2016
Paper Submission Site Closes: March 7, 2016 (at 11:59 pm EST)
Notification of Paper Acceptance: May 31, 2016
IEEE prohibits discrimination, harassment and bullying. For more information, visit www.ieee.org/web/aboutus/whatis/policies/p9-26.html