IEEE PES Prabha S. Kundur Power System Dynamics and Control Award
Please see the announcement and download the nomination form from the web here.
Nomination Deadline: 31 January
This award recognizes outstanding contributions to the understanding and control of the dynamics of the power system. As the development of the complex system known as the interconnected bulk power system unfolded around the world, it became critical to understand its nonlinear behavior as well as develop and deploy system controls vital to manage dynamic system behavior to ensure reliability. The award is in honor of Dr. Prabha S. Kundur. who has worked on the leading edge of developments in power system dynamics and control for nearly four decades. His contributions to the technical advancements in the understanding and control of power system dynamic behaviour are known world-wide.
The Award: The award consists of an appropriate memento and an honorarium of $3,000.
Eligibility and Selection: Nominees for the award must have been an IEEE PES member for at least 10 years with tangible and visible achievements in one or more of the areas listed below.
· Bulk power system dynamics and control, including transient, small-signal, voltage, and frequency stability
· Modern system analysis tools
· Dynamic system modelling including non-linearities, and interconnection-wide dynamic behavior and control,
· Originality and impact of technical publications,
· Professional and industry activities,
· Development of standards and operating guides,
· Achievements in other fields
A nomination package must be received by the IEEE PES Prabha S. Kundur Power System Dynamics and Control Award Committee Chair on or before 31 January of each year to be considered for that year’s award as outlined at http://www.ieee-pes.org/ieee-pes-prabha-s-kundur-power-system-dynamics-and-control-award
Mark G. Lauby
IEEE PES Prabha S. Kundur Power System Dynamics and Control Award Committee Chair
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com