Accounts on Manuscript Central
1. Accounts on Manuscript Central
- You may have an account already (and may not know it!).
- Do you know your login ID and Password?
- If you do not know your login ID (or even whether or not you have an account).
- If you are positive you do NOT have an account.
2. Uploads of "Revise and Resubmit" Manuscript Drafts
- "Revise and Resubmit" submissions are different than original submissions.
You may have an account already (and may not know it!)
If you have submitted a manuscript via any method (electronic or hard copy) to PES since December 1998, it is likely that an account has already been established for you on Manuscript Central. DO NOT CREATE ANOTHER ACCOUNT! If you do create a second account, you will not be able to access all your manuscripts, and you will encounter numerous problems using the system.
Do you know your password and login ID?
If you know your login ID and password, please go back to the Manuscript Central site and log in.
If you do not know your login ID (or even whether or not you have an account):
If you do not know your ID or password, please go back to the Manuscript Central login screen, enter your e-mail address under Password Help and click on Go. You will receive an e-mail containing your account information. If an account associated with the e-mail address you provided cannot be located, you will be directed to the "Get Help Now" link in the top right corner of your screen.
If you are positive you do NOT have an account:
Go back to the Manuscript Central site login screen and click on the "Create a New Account" icon. Follow the instructions provided.
"Revise and Resubmit" Manuscript Uploads
If you are uploading a revised manuscript in response to a "Revise and Resubmit" decision by an Editor-in-Chief, DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR MANUSCRIPT AS A NEW PAPER! Submitting a revised manuscript differs from submitting a manuscript for the first time. Here is some information that should clarify the process. You will find more detailed instructions on the Manuscript Central site.
1. You must have been designated the Corresponding Author when the original manuscript was first submitted in order to submit a manuscript in response to a "Revise and Resubmit" decision.
2. As a Corresponding Author, you already have an account on Manuscript Central. Do not create a new account! See the directions above if you do not remember your login ID or password.
3. Go to the web site of the Transactions which reviewed your paper and log in. If you did not navigate to this page directly from the MC site and cannot use the " Back" button, here are the URLs:
- Power Systems: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/pes-ieee
- Power Delivery: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/pes-ieee
- Energy Conversion: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/pes-ieee
- Smart Grid: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/pes-ieee
- Sustainable Energy: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/pes-ieee
- PES Letters: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/pes-ieee
- Open Access Journal of Power and Energy: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/pes-ieee
4. Click on the Author Center. You will find a category called "Manuscripts with Decisions". You should find your paper title listed in this category. Your paper ID number with the addition of "R1" (meaning "first revision") will show as well. Click on this heading. Click Create a Revision next to the appropriate manuscript.
5. You will see the decision letter and reviewer comments. You can respond to the decision letter on this screen. Click Save and Continue.
6. On the next series of screens you will see information you entered when you first uploaded your paper. You can update that information by clicking in the field you wish to update. Click Save and Continue.
7. Once you have reviewed all of the details of the paper you will be brought to the upload screen. Browse your computer to find the source file ( *.ps or *.doc) of the revised draft you wish to upload. Click "Open", then "Upload File" and "View Proof." Check the proof in the Adobe Acrobat window that will open on screen. If you are not happy with the draft, close the Acrobat window, make corrections on your manuscript, upload it to the site which will reconvert your file to a pdf. Then check the proof again. Close the window when you are done checking. Select the appropriate button: "Submit Your Manuscript", "Change the Draft", "Contact the Support Center", or "Return to Author Center."
8. Your draft is not entered into the review process until you click "Submit Your Manuscript." You should receive an automated confirmation of the submission almost immediately.