2020 IEEE PES Outstanding Student Scholarship Recipients Announced
The IEEE Power & Energy Society is proud to announce the selection of the recipients of the 2020 IEEE PES Outstanding Student Scholarship.
- Bárbara Blanco, from Region 9 and the Universidad de Chile, who is pursuing a Master's degree in Science in Electrical Engineering
- Megan Culler, from Region 4 and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, who is pursuing Master's degree in Science in Electrical Engineering
- Usman Munawar, from Region 7 and the University of Regina, who is pursuing a Master's degree in Applied Science
- Dimitrios Zarras, from Region 8 and the National Technical University of Athens, who is pursuing a Master's degree in Electric Power
- Yicheng Zhu, from Region 10 and the Tsinghua University, who is pursuing a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
This scholarship recognizes PES Student Members from around the world who have chosen an academic path leading to an electric power and energy engineering career. Recipients were chosen based on their academic achievements, contributions to meeting community and humanitarian needs, and leadership in advancing student engagement within PES. All recipients receive US$10,000 and complimentary housing and conference registration at a corresponding PES Regional Conference.
"We are very pleased to recognize these students as the inaugural recipients. These students represent the very best of the 10,000+ PES student members." announced Edvina Uzunovic, IEEE PES Vice President - Education "They have taken leadership roles within the IEEE PES Student Branch Chapters, been active in supporting humanitarian projects, have maintained the highest academic achievement and have a strong desire to improve the Power & Energy industry."
This scholarship is funded via the PES Endowment Scholarship fund which is administered by the IEEE Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation established in 1973 in the State of New York exclusively to support the global scientific and educational purposes of IEEE. Nominations for next application cycle are due on 30 January 2021. More information on this scholarship can be found at IEEE PES Outstanding Student Scholarship.