2012 IEEE PES John W. Estey Outstanding Scholar Recipients
- Region 1 - Andrew Klem of Clarkson University, expected graduation date is December 2013
- Region 2 - Nicholas Coleman of Drexel University, expected graduation date is June 2013
- Region 3 - Ross Beppler of Clemson University, expected graduation date is May 2014
- Region 4 - David Hiskens of University of Michigan, expected graduation date is May 2014
- Region 5 - Eric DePinto of Colorado School of Mines, expected graduation date is May 2013
- Region 6 - Stephen Collins of University of Southern California, expected graduation date is May 2014
Only IEEE PES Scholars are eligible to be considered for this award. These individuals were selected by industry and academic representatives who reviewed the applicants and selected the top PES Scholar from their Region based on: (a) Academic preparation; (b) Extra-curricular activities and leadership: (c) Interest in engineering in general, and power and energy engineering in particular; (d) Technical quality of application; and (e) Overall assessment of student's potential for a successful power and energy engineering career.
This award has been made possible by the support of the S&C Foundation and is named after John W. Estey. Mr. Estey is one of only three Chief Executive Officers in S&C Electric Company's 100-year history. He is an IEEE Fellow, a past Director of IEEE and past IEEE Power & Energy Society President. S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. Founded in 1911, the Chicago-based company designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution.
For more information on the IEEE John W. Estey Outstanding Scholar Award please visit the IEEE PES Scholarship Plus Initiative website.