- 2018 IEEE PES Erich Gunther Future Power Innovator Scholarship Winner
- IEEE PES Bylaws Revisions - Approved August 2018
- Call for Papers Extended: IEEE PES 2019 GTD Conference & Exposition
- FERC Reliability Conference - "Managing the New Grid"
- Request for Proposals: 2020 Asia-Pacific Power & Energy Engineering Conference
- Request for Proposals: 2020 ISGT Asia Conference
- Request for Proposals: 2020 Powercon Conference
- Read Now: September 2018 Electrification Magazine
- 2018 Election PES Constitutional Amendment
- IEEE/PES Testimony at the FERC Technical Reliability Conference
- IEEE PES Corporate Engagement
- Call for Papers: 2019 IEEE PES General Meeting
- 2019 Society-level Awards Nomination Site Open
- View all announcements
PES Magazine and Society News
2018 General Meeting:
Re-Imagining the Electric Grid
IEEE Power & Energy Society members and other industry enthusiasts came together for the General Meeting from Aug. 5-9. Over 3,200 attendees converged on Portland in order to provide new insights, ideas and answers to the most important questions facing the power industry.
Voice of the Governing Board
Shay Bahramirad, Vice President of New Initiatives
There’s a generally recognized truth that results can be achieved in proportion to the amount of effort made.
PES eNews Update
Region 8 Updates
Some of the key activities and achievements of members from Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
PM-EM—Electric Machinery Committee
The activity and accomplishments of the Electric Machinery Committee continued in 2017 at a high level with contributions in terms of industrial standards and more.
A Successful DLP with Saifur Rahman
On September 6th the Columbus, Ohio PES Chapter was honored to host PES President Saifur Rahman as part of the Distinguished Lecturer Program.
November/December PES Magazine
Getting It All in to the Mix
By the time this column is published, grid-connected photovoltaic (PV) capacity installed worldwide will probably be near 400 GW.