- 2019 Society-level Awards Nomination Site is Now Open
- Congratulations to the 2018 Society-level Award Winners
- Data Privacy for IEEE Volunteer Data Managers
- Call for Papers: PowerTech Conference 2019
- IEEE PES Transformers Committe - 100+ IEEE standards published in the last century!
- IEEE Celebrates 100-Year Anniversary of the IEEE PES Transformers Committee
- Now Available: March 2018 Electrification Magazine
- Call for Papers: Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference 2018
- Memorandum of Understanding: SGCC & IEEE
- Congratulations to the PES Members Class of 2018 IEEE Fellows
- Request for Proposals - IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica Conference 2019
- View all announcements
PES Magazine and Society News
Membership Corner: PES Day Celebration 2018
We are really proud about all the great activities done all over the World for celebrating PES Day, with great reports and images of technical tours, courses, webinars, outreach and also social activities.
Voice of the Governing Board
Saifur Rahman, IEEE PES President
On April 22, 2008, the IEEE Power Engineering Society changed its name to the IEEE Power & Energy Society to more appropriately reflect our modern scope and areas of focus.
PES eNews Update
Editor’s Corner: PES Day Celebration 2018
It was really amazing to see the overwhelming response from the PES volunteers to celebrate PES Day with enthusiasm and dedication.
PES Day Celebration: Bangladesh
A colorful celebration of IEEE PES Day, organized by IEEE Bangladesh Section, IEEE PES Bangladesh Chapter and IEEE BUET Student Branch was held.
PES Day Celebration: IEEE SB of UNIFACS (Bahia Section, Brazil)
The IEEE PES UNIFACS Student Branch Chapter celebrated IEEE PES Day with a series of lectures.
May/June PES Magazine
Look to the Future - Big Data Analytics
We have all heard the management refrain, "Show me the data, and we will make a sound decision!” to make sound decisions, we must identify the data we need to collect, find workarounds when not reliably available, conduct sound analyses, and present them in readily understandable forms...