IEEE PES Uno Lamm High Voltage Direct Current Award
The IEEE Power & Energy Society calls for the nomination of outstanding individuals to receive the IEEE PES Uno Lamm High-Voltage Direct-Current (HVDC) Award. This award recognizes outstanding contributions to HVDC technology. The technology has developed into an effective power system tool for long-distance energy transport, ac network interconnections, and system stability enhancement. These developments have come from the work of dedicated engineers and scientists in many countries throughout the world.
The Award: The award consists of a bronze medal, a plaque, and an honorarium of $1,000. The award is named for the man most responsible for the research and development that led to the first practical application of an HVDC connection between ac systems.
Eligibility and Selection: Persons in the electric power engineering international community who have been or are heavily involved in the development and advancement of HVDC technology shall be eligible to receive this Award. Membership in the IEEE or the Power & Energy Society is not a prerequisite. Selection factors include:
- Candidate Achievements
- Candidate’s technical accomplishments relating to HVDC
- Originality or innovative nature of the contributions
- Impact of the contributions on HVDC technology and on energy transport in general
- Achievements in other fields
- Professional leadership.
Chair:Dennis Woodford, P.Eng.,
Suite 12, 75 Scurfield Blvd.,
Winnipeg, MB R3Y 1G4,
Phone: +1 204 953 1832
IMPORTANT: Nomination forms must be written in English. One per year. If no suitable candidate is proposed in a given year, the award will not be presented for that year.
PES, being one of IEEE's Organizational Units, follows IEEE Policy 4.4H.
IEEE Policy 4.4.H
• Eligibility and Process Limitations. Individuals serving on any board or committee involved at any stage of the recipient selection or approval process for an award shall be ineligible to receive, or act as a nominator or reference for that award. This conflict of interest limitation shall apply to all awards given by the IEEE or any of its organizational units.