IEEE PES Student Prize Paper Award in Honor of T. Burke Hayes
Nomination due: 15th December
The purpose of the IEEE PES Student Prize Paper Award in Honor of T. Burke Hayes is to encourage students in their professional development, to stimulate interest in the programs of the electric power industry, to encourage students to prepare quality technical papers with faculty supervision, and to recognize the schools and faculties that provide guidance in these areas. This Award was first presented as the Student Prize Paper Award in 1967. In 1989, it was renamed in honor of T. Burke Hayes in recognition of his professional contributions. It has been presented since 1990 as the IEEE PES Student Prize Paper Award in Honor of T. Burke Hayes.
The award for the winning paper consists of the following:
- $1,500 award to author (or split equally among coauthors)
- Expense paid trip (up to US$1,000) for one student to an IEEE PES General Meeting (foreign travel limited; total reimbursement limited to available maximum).
- Recognition plaque presented to student.
- Recognition plaque presented to the student's institution to recognize the student author(s) and the supervising professor.
Papers must be received by 15th December to allow time for full review and consideration. Papers submitted without the nominating letter from the faculty sponsor or without biographical sketch(es) and permanent address will not be considered. Papers received after the deadline will not be considered as entries intended for the current competition. Please plan early and be sure that your paper will arrive by the deadline.
More details of the award are provided at the following link.
Submit papers and supporting documents to the Chairman of the Student Paper Contest Working Group:Dr. Howard A. Smolleck,
Klipsch School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
New Mexico State University, Box 3-O
Las Cruces, NM 88003
Please send a copy of all nominations to the IEEE PES Executive Office:
Attn: Shanon Nason
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08855
or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Nomination forms must be written in English. One per year. If no suitable candidate is proposed in a given year, the award will not be presented for that year.
PES, being one of IEEE's Organizational Units, follows IEEE Policy 4.4H.
IEEE Policy 4.4.H
• Eligibility and Process Limitations. Individuals serving on any board or committee involved at any stage of the recipient selection or approval process for an award shall be ineligible to receive, or act as a nominator or reference for that award. This conflict of interest limitation shall apply to all awards given by the IEEE or any of its organizational units.