Plain Talk About the Electric Power System
IEEE PES PLAIN TALK courses for the Power Industry Professional will help you to understand technical aspects of the Electric Power System, even if you do not have an engineering background. You will gain insights into the concerns of engineers, the demands of regulators and consumer groups, and the factors and trends that impact the operation of today’s electric power systems. These courses are also appropriate for non-power engineers who are transitioning to the electric power industry.
Below please find our current schedule of programs for 2016. Please check back regularly as additional events will be added. (IEEE PES reserves the right to alter these programs without prior notice.) Please contact LaToya Gourdine (firstname.lastname@example.org; 732-981-2876 for more information.)
The PLAIN TALK "BASICS" SERIES consists of the following three one day courses: Power System Basics, Distribution System, Transmission System.
- April 23-25, 2017 - Arlington, VA (Co-located with 2017 IEEE PES ISGT North America Conference, Crystal Gateway Marriott)
- July 18-20, 2017 - Chicago, IL (Co-located with the 2017 PES General Meeting, Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers)
- December 5-7, 2017 - Houston, TX (Hosted by Burns & McDonnell)
- May 2-4, 2016 - Dallas, TX (Co-located with 2016 PES T&D Conference and Exhibition)
- June 14 LIVE Online event (No Longer On Demand)
- July 19-21, 2016 - Boston, MA (Co-located with 2016 PES General Meeting)
- Sept 12-14, 2016 - Columbus, OH (Co-located with 2016 ESMO Conference)
- October 27, 2016 Transmission System course- NOW ON-DEMAND- Register and View ON-DEMAND Through December 1
- Nov 1-3, 2016 - Portland, OR - Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station
- Dec 6-8, 2016 - Phoenix, AZ - Hilton Phoenix/Mesa