Plain Talk About the Electric Power System
IEEE PES PLAIN TALK courses for the Power Industry Professional will help you to understand technical aspects of the Electric Power System, even if you do not have an engineering background. You will gain insights into the concerns of engineers, the demands of regulators and consumer groups, and the factors and trends that impact the operation of today’s electric power systems. These courses are also appropriate for non-power engineers who are transitioning to the electric power industry.
Below please find our current schedule of programs for 2016. Please check back regularly as additional events will be added. (IEEE PES reserves the right to alter these programs without prior notice.) Please contact LaToya Gourdine (email@example.com; 732-981-2876 for more information.)
The PLAIN TALK "BASICS" SERIES consists of the following three one day courses: Power System Basics, Distribution System, Transmission System.
- April 24-26, 2017 - Arlington, VA (Co-located with 2017 IEEE PES ISGT North America Conference, Crystal Gateway Marriott)
- May 2 & May 9, 2017 - Online Courses (Power System Basics & Transmission System)
- July 18-20, 2017 - Chicago, IL (Co-located with the 2017 PES General Meeting, Sheraton Grand Chicago Hotel)
- August 8 & August 15, 2017 - Online Courses (Power System Basics & Transmission System)
- September 12-14, 2017 - Salt Lake City, UT (Hosted by Rocky Mountain Power)
- Registration Opening Soon! - October 3 & October 10, 2017 - Online Courses (Power System Basics & Transmission System)
- Registration Opening Soon! - November 8 & November 15, 2017 - Online Courses (Power System Basics & Transmission System)
- December 5-7, 2017 - Houston, TX (Hosted by Burns & McDonnell)