PES Panel Discussion Video
On 15 June 2012, the IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) hosted a discussion focused on the importance of developing the technical workforce within the power and energy industry to meet the needs of the world’s energy future. Patricia Hoffman, IEEE member and Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Department of Energy was a featured speaker, along with Wanda Reder, IEEE Fellow and Vice President of Power Systems Services at S&C Electric Company; Christopher Root, IEEE Senior Member and Senior Vice President of Network Strategy at National Grid USA; and Dr. Robert Thomas, IEEE Life Fellow and Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering at Cornell University.
The panel discussion, entitled “Building the Technical Workforce for Our Energy Future,” was held at the Union League Club in New York City. Invited guests included representatives from U.S. government, academia, power industry and utility segments.
The entire event was recorded and is now available in six (6) video segments.
- Patricia Hoffman, Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Department of Energy at the Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability
- Christopher Root, Senior Vice President of Network Strategy for National Grid USA
- Robert Thomas, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering at Cornell University
- Patricia A. Hoffman, Christopher Root and Robert Thomas
- 2 PES Scholars share their experiences
- Wanda Reder, Vice President - S&C Vice President of Power System Services at S&C Electric Company - Discusses the need for the program.
The IEEE PES Scholarship Plus Initiative is designed to develop the pipeline of undergraduate power engineers involving the support of industry, education, government and interested individuals such as you. This support will impact the lives of hundreds of students who will ultimately provide the leadership for America’s future energy needs.
For more information about the scholarship program and sponsorship opportunities, please visit the PES Scholarship Plus Initiative Site.