Thank you for your interest in the PES Member Driven Initatives. All the 2016 budget has been allocated so we are not accepting any more proposals. Thank you.
The IEEE Power & Energy Society Governing Board has allocated up to US$100,000 for Member-Driven Initiatives in 2016. The funding is open to all PES members, Chapters and Committees. Allocation of funds will be competitive.
Applications will be evaluated and selected by the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will give preference to projects that contain some or all of the following components:
- Fit of the project to the PES Mission
- Number of PES members affected
- Benefits industry members
- Humanitarian activity
- PES membership recruitment and retention
- Benefits female members and/or increasing female membership in PES
- Public outreach on power engineering
The ability of the applicant to execute the proposed project will also be given consideration.
Terms, Restrictions and Conditions
- There is no minimum award size. For exceptional projects, awards up to US$10,000 can be made.
- Only initiatives proposed by PES member(s), Chapters or Committees will be considered.
- Funds must be spent in 2016. Requests for multi-year or continuous funding will not be considered.
- Funds will not be distributed for research, tuition, or indirect costs.
- A report, including financial documentation, is required within 60 days of project completion.
- Any images and descriptions of the event will be considered for use in the PES newsletters, promotions and publications.
- Once funds are exhausted, no additional awards will be made through this program.
- If several requests are received from a same applicant, the second one will be evaluated upon the execution and report received for the first one.
- Our preferred method of supplying the funding is through transfer the fund to local IEEE section bank accounts.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Seed funding for a workshop for practicing engineers.
- Support for a chapter meeting featuring industry executives
- Development of an outreach program to get students at primary schools interested in power engineering.
- Funding for a design competition for appropriate lighting technologies.
- Support for an event leading to the creation of a new chapter.
The Selection Committee members will be selected from PES Membership, Chapters Representative and Region Representative.
Applications are accepted beginning March 2016. Applications can be submitted at any time during 2016. The Selection Committee will make decisions approximately every two months throughout the year as long as funds remain. Applications should be submitted early in order to allow sufficient processing and review time. Applicants are encouraged to apply early in order to reserve funds for their project, if selected.
Questions? Contact Juan Carlos Montero (email@example.com)