PES Distinguished Lecturer Program
This program provides lectures worldwide to present topics of current interest for chapter meetings. The lecturers are well-known engineers who have been working in the selected areas for long time. This program brings experts otherwise not available to the chapters, and enhances technical activities.
PES Distinguished Lecturer Program (DLP)
- PES Distinguished Lecturers List (Technical)
- DLP Speaker Request Form
- DLP Checklist
- DLP Chapter Evaluation Form
- DLP Speaker Nomination Form
- DLP Speaker Evaluation Form
- DLP Follow-up Form
- Past DLP List
A chapter can request a lecturer by sending a request form to the chair of the Distinguished Lecturer Program committee. The list of the available lecturers and the requisite form is in the Program Activity Manual and shown on the Chapters web site.
The Distinguished Lecturer Program Committee administers the program. PES will share the cost of the program with the recipient chapter, section or region. The financial arrangements for providing a lecturer are as follows:
- For lectures arranged in conjunction with a business trip, PES reimburses incidental expenses.
- For lectures arranged with an employed lecturer, cost sharing with PES and employees is encouraged.
- For lectures invited by Chapters which cannot be arranged as listed above, PES will pay the inter-city travel cost. The remaining cost will be the responsibility of the local chapter.
- For lectures not listed in the PES DLP, PES will endeavor to treat financially similar to the above.
Note: PES supports financially a DLP lecturer visit to each chapter once per year. Also, individual DLP lecturers can only be financially supported by PES up to three times per year.
Contact the Distinguished Lecturer Program Committee at email@example.com.
IEEE Distinguished Lecturer Program (DLP)